Date: 10th and 11th September 2022
Venue: D’Marquee @ Downtown East, 1 Pasir Ris Close, Singapore519599
Max Participants: 100
Entry Fee: Adults - $100 // Junior (born in 2002 and after) - $60 // Affiliates - $80
Registration Deadline: 7th August 2022 (Sunday)
The competition will be conducted in the following IWF bodyweight categories.
- Men: 55kg, 61kg, 67kg, 73kg, 81kg, 89kg, 96kg,102kg, 109kg, +109kg
- Women: 45kg, 49kg, 55kg, 59kg, 64kg, 71kg, 76kg,81kg, 87kg, +87kg
In addition, any athlete who is 35 years and above may choose to compete as a Masters in the following age groups:
- Masters Men: M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, M65, M70, M75, M80, M85+
- Masters Women: W35, W40, W45, W50, W55, W60, W65, W70, W75, W80, W85+
* The Championship is open to all athletes (regardless of nationality) who are residing in Singapore and in good standing with their national federations. Athletes must be above 10 years old to participate.
* Spectators are allowed for this competition at $5 per entry.
In recent years, weightlifting standards in Singapore have been improving consistently with greater exposure and awareness about the sport. Records were broken in most competitions and more athletes are achieving the criteria to qualify as a national athlete.
Starting from this year, SWF will be introducing the annual Inter-Club Challenge (ICC)with the goal of increasing competitiveness and performance of weightlifters within the local community. Rules will be adapted according to the situation of the weightlifting scene in Singapore each year. Prizes will also get more attractive especially when more athletes meet the qualification standard of a national athlete.
1st place - $300 cash and 6 pieces of 25kg ZKC plates
2nd place - $200 cash and 4 pieces of 25kg ZKC plates
3rd place - $100 and 2 pieces of 25kg ZKC plates
· Winner will be determined by the highest aggregate final Sinclair score, comprising the sum of the best individual Sinclair score of 4 athletes in each club. Example:(Lifter A + lifter B + lifter C + lifter D = Final Sinclair score)
· Each club can register as many athletes as they wish in the competition
· Maximum 4 athletes’ Sinclair score will be counted towards the Final score
· Minimum 1 female is required to be included in the Final Sinclair score
· Sinclair score of only 1 national athlete per club can be included in the Final Sinclair score
· Only the results of Singapore citizens will be used to calculate the Final Sinclair score
· Only the Sinclair score (and not SMF score) of any Masters athletes will be counted
· Club does not need to be an affiliate to participate
· Club must be an actual school, gym, academy, institution, or CrossFit box
All athletes are to register individually and indicate the Club’s name in the registration form.
Club owner / representative MUST express interest of participation through email to SWF together with an attached list of athletes representing the club for verification purposes, no later than 7 August 2022. Failure to do so will disqualify the club from participating in the ICC.
Kindly complete the online registration form (below) and payment by Sunday, 7th August 2022. Late entries and changes to your registration will NOT be accepted after the deadline.
- You are advised to read and understand the rules and regulations before registering for the competition.
- If you would like to sponsor or volunteer for this competition, kindly fill up the volunteer form (below) or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
All the best for your preparation and see you at the competition! :)