1. To be reviewed every 6 months*.
2. Achieving the above result does not automatically grant you a place in the national team or selection for overseas competition. The selection committee reserves the rights to make the final decision.
3. Qualification events: SWF athlete assessment, SIWC, SWAG and any overseas competition supported by SWF and/or IWF.
* Standards will be derived from regional and local competitions.
a ≥ 21 years old (calendar year)
b ≤ 20 years old (calendar year)
Responsibilities of a National Athlete
Athletes are required to:
1. train at SWF training centre at least twice a week*.
2. clock at least 80% attendance every month.
3. adhere closely to policies and instructions stated in the SWF athlete’s agreement.
4. ensure full commitment to events, courses and workshops organised and supported by SWF.
5. be at their best conduct at all times, locally and internationally.
* If the athlete is unable to meet the minimum training attendance due to valid reasons, special considerations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
1. Usage of SWF training facility
2. Weightlifting coaching support
3. Massage once a week (one month prior to overseas competition)
4. Sports science support at SSI
5. Subsidy for overseas competitions (co-funding)
Next revision: Sep 2021
SWF: Singapore Weightlifting Federation, IWF: International Weightlifting Federation, SIWC: Singapore International Weightlifting Championships, SWAG: Singapore National Weightlifting Age Group Challenge, SSI: Singapore Sport Institute.