1. Achieving the above result does not automatically grant you a place in the national team or selection for overseas competition. The selection committee reserves the rights to make the final decision.
2. Qualification events: Local or overseas competition supported by SWF and/or IWF.
* Standards will be derived from regional and local competitions.
a ≥ 21 years old (calendar year)
b ≤ 20 years old (calendar year)
Responsibilities of a National Athlete
Athletes are required to:
1. train at SWF training centre at least once a week*.
2. adhere closely to policies and instructions stated in the SWF athlete’s agreement.
3. ensure full commitment to events^, courses and workshops organised and supported by SWF.
4. be at their best conduct at all times, locally and internationally.
* If the athlete is unable to meet the minimum training attendance due to valid reasons, special considerations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
^ Volunteering for SWO and SNWC.
1. Usage of SWF training facility
2. Coaching support
3. Accident insurance (tier 1: full subsidy, tier 2: half-subsidy)
4. Sports science support at SSI (where applicable)
5. Subsidy for overseas competitions (co-funding)
SWF: Singapore Weightlifting Federation, IWF: International Weightlifting Federation, SSI: Singapore Sport Institute.