Rules of Contest
In a historic first, Singapore has been selected to host the 2021 Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships (“the Championships”). This prestigious event is scheduled to held in October 2021 where more than 300 athletes from over 50 Commonwealth countries are expected to participate since it is a qualifying event for the Commonwealth Games to be held in Birmingham, U.K in 2022.
Singapore Weightlifting Federation (SWF) is inviting entries for a logo design that will capture the spirit of this event and be used at the Championships.
* This contest is open to all Singaporeans and Permanent Residents of Singapore aged 21 and above.
* Each contestant may submit no more than 3 entries.
* By entering this contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these contest rules. Violating any rule or not following instructions may eliminate the entrant’s eligibility. SWF reserves the right to disqualify and entrant at any time at its sole absolute discretion.
How to Enter
* The contest begins on 2nd February 2021 and closes on 1st March 2021.
* All entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic format AND as a JPG to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* All entries must include the full name of the person who designed the logo, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the individual submitting the entry.
* There is no fee to enter the contest.
* All entrants affirm that their submissions are their original work and have not been copied from others or from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
* All entries will become the sole property of SWF and maybe used for any SWF’s purposes, including but not limited to, display on websites, business cards, letterheads, posters and other materials.
* SWF shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
* SWF reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry for the Championships.
*SWF reserves the right to choose to use any other entry for the Championships or for any other promotional or business purposes in the future.
Judging and Selection of Winner
* The winning design will be selected by SWF’s Executive Committee. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, quality of design, adherence to the spirit of the Championships and ease of reproduction.
* SWF reserves the right not to select a winner, if at its sole absolute discretion, no suitable entries are received.
* SWF reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
* If the winner is determined to have violated any rules, he/she will be required to forfeit or return the prize, even if the determination is made after the prize has been awarded.
* The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to SWF.
* The winner will be notified via email and announced on the SWF’s website.
* All decisions of SWF shall be final.
The winner will receive a cash prize of S$300.00